It happened.... it's true! I have a bonified 5 year old on my hands. We did our best to throw a party worthy of such a momentous milestone. The Theme was Star wars of course. We had 5 little boys come over with costumes on and light sabers in hand. I bought star shaped balloons that they each got to whack the heck out of and I recruited a semi-reluctnant Dad/sith that they got to whack the heck out of too.
Oooo I love you, sweetest boy at every age!
This picture was actually taken at his Sunday birthday dinner. He is wearing a camo fleece outfit from Grandma Buddy and in true Grandma Buddy Fashion, it was big enough to fit him through 8th grade.
Max, Jackson, Traedon, Boston, Sam, and Birthday Sam
I had a fantastic plan to make a cake shaped like a light saber... it did NOT work. I was going to make chocolate roll cake with ice cream filling. The cake totally stuck to the pan, Leaving me with broken apart (yummy) chocolate cake. I mixed it with the ice cream and added whipped cream and froze it. It most definetley didn't fly for a five year olds party, but it has been delightful to munch on. I remedied the cake situation by grabbing a cake mix from the cupboard and putting some green frosting on it.
4 comments:
Looks like a fun party! No princess Leia's yet I guess.
I love the theme! What a great party! He's a keeper that one!
Every age just gets better and better! I do miss my Bald headed Sammy though.. Cutest little baby ever :)
Hippo Birdy Buddy. Love and miss you.
Post a Comment