My Daddy turned 7-0. Such a fantastically large number deserved an equally large and fantastic birthday. Laurie was my main party planning amigo and we did our best to take our dad by surprise...
...it didn't work.
He sensed there may be something up and snooped a bit and discovered our secret. We considered cancelling the whole thing (or at least the cotton candy machine) but then thought about all the spaghetti and tacos and BBQ he has made us over the years. We thought about all the softball games, tennis matches, daddy daughter dates he came to and the birthday parties he threw for us. After a good 13 seconds of deliberation we decided to go ahead with it. (besides, we really like to party)
I concocted a last minute surprise ambush. When he and my mom arrived, I met them at the front with my best frowny face. I told him how this whole party just wasn't working out. That not only did he know... no one was there. Jame was sick, Spence was stuck in St George... blah... blah... blah. I even worked up genuine tears. (not that big of a feet... stress tears. not such a good idea to host a big fiesta the night before a week of girls camp.)He bought it!! he followed me to the backyard to his empty party, everyone jumped out and in fact surprised him! It was great.
Sammo appreciated the airplanes
Laurie and Remi. Her girls all had matching outfits of course but Reese preferred just her underwear.
Reesie
most of the partiers
Kym and Rachie
from this picture, it's hard to tell if Leah loves cotton candy or is extremely mad at it.
a handful of grandkids
Rohnin
"I love you 40 dollars"
german chocolate cake made by AmberLee
We did an airplane theme and used a lot of old photos
The birthday man and his lady
Even Jilly sort of made it!
Lukey, Kristian
Happy Birthday Daddy! We all love you like crazy!
2 comments:
Stacy, that was an awesome party. I am so greatful for Spencer and you guys to set up the web cam so we could be a part of it. My kids were so excited to be able to be part of the suprise. Thank you so much. Love you
It was a fun party, and I am sure alot of work. I also love the pictures! My favorite one is of Grandpa and all the grandkids. But can you locate the 3 'hiding' moms...there, but not there?
Post a Comment