Wednesday, October 3, 2007

update

Life lately has been mundane in a good way. Work is going well for me, School is going well for Steve. The few classes that seemed impossible to pass, he is actually doing quite well in. Samuel is continuing his love affair with trains. We have lost and found his little Thomas twice in the last month. We purchased 2 new ones to calm his despair for the lost ones which have miraculously showed up and now Sam insists on playing with all 3. I have put my foot down and I only allow him to take one train with us everywhere we go. He is also starting to make up little Fibs well stories really. Here's his latest:
"Mom, I heard a noise in ahw house, I went to yook and it was a shawk. The shawk wanted to eat my fwiend Jackson, so I hit it wiff a basebaw bat, and that made the shawk gwumpy. But I skehwed (scared) it back into the wateh."
He also is really into narrating things that go on in the day. Especially if it was a significant event to him. Like, Mommy getting mad or getting a new toy or a friend pushing him. He will change his voice a bit when telling me what someone else said. When he is talking to me and saying "and then you say...." He always speaks in this ridiculously high voice. Do I really sound like that to him? Apperantly.

4 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Ahhh...Sam's entering the stage where he's trying to define reality with his world. The stories will continue for a couple of years probably. I had many interesting stories from my students who were 6&7. I think it is some of the most charming stories they ever tell!

MoJo said...

That's so sweet. I can totally see him telling those stories. Apperantly all boys his age are infatuated with trains, especially Thomas. My nefew can't go anywhere with out a Thomas figure in hand. Pretty dang cute.

Jodee Luke said...

Stacy that is so cute. I would love to hear him imitate your voice, which by the way is not too high...or too low for that matter either!

Lindsey said...

LOL, i love that he changes his voice for different characters! That is too funny!