We went to Vegas.
It was our first vacation with just the four of us.
I felt like a real grown-up.
We swam a lot, mostly at night to save our skin from the sun. But that's the beauty of Nevada I guess, it doesn't cool off, even when the sun is nowhere to be seen. I think the best thing about being away with just us was seeing big brother and little sister bond and play and be silly with each other. Without their own toys and own rooms and other distractions, they interacted so much more with each other.
The drive was particularly amusing to see what they would come up with for entertainment. We were a little wary of making the drive without a DVD player but I'm glad we didn't have it. They made up songs, one of my favorites was "Pickle" song. Which consisted of exactly one word. Another time, Soph would demand "Seep Sam!.... you SEEP!" When Sam would give in and close his eyes, she would sing in her sweetest softest voice a lullaby... "desus heavnee fahder... deeesus... heavnee faaaahder." When his eyes would pop open, she snapped back into sassafrass and demanded he "SEEP!" then would continue her lullaby.
 |
Watching the fountain show at the Bellagio.
(why do I look so pregnant??! I will not be wearing this shirt again 'til there is actually a bun in the oven.) |
 |
| Sophie swimming in our awesome ginormous jetted tub. |
 |
| Sammy enjoying the conservatory at the Bellagio. |
 |
| Believe it or not, they had so much fun swimming |
 |
| Sophie and Sam at the Bellagio conservatory. |
 |
| Sammy hangs on his tube before turning into a daredevil and having dad catapult him in the air over and over |
 |
| She likes Vegas |
... and her brother
 |
This boy's mom is probably hilarious.
|
5 comments:
How fun! I hope you had a good birthday! I love Soph singing to Sam. So cute!
Awesome! I just wish we were there to see you all! My parents are right there. Should've looked 'em up. :) Glad you all had fun. We're hoping to get our first real life family vacation this Christmas.
Cute picture!!! Love that you didn't bring a DVD player.
Glad you had such a good time! It all looks fun.
Let me get this straight. You guys were in Vegas and didn't call us? I am trying real hard to not be offended. J/K. I am glad you guys had fun.
Post a Comment