I have not posted anything in quite some time. Things continue on as always around here as they do in every house. We wake up, have breakfast, some of us change our soggy pull-ups and so goes our day. Our days have been complicated somewhat by some ailments. (ARG!) Sam is fine when the sunshines out and when he is awake but as soon as his head hits the pillow he is plauged by the naggiest of coughs, the poor little guy can't sleep. (and consequently neither can his mommy) I have tried some interesting and somewhat bizarre tactics to battle the cough, such as, a tablespoon of honey before bed, propped up pillows and vicks vapor rub on the bottom of his feet... Who new? All these have seemed to help. Steve has had strep throat that seems to have turned into bronchitis. And I have been on the verge of the strep thing, The only thing keeping it away, I feel, are desperate prayers!
Besides sickness Steve and and were able to get away overnight to a bed and breakfast in salt lake. Our anniversary always falls over finals so Steve Surprised me with a little getaway over spring break. He made the reservation not knowing he would feel so rotten but we weren't able to cancel our reservation so Mr. "I am boycotting Valentines day this year out of principle" was a trooper and we ended up having a really nice time. We stayed at the armstrong mansion which was really incredible. We slept til 9:30 and had breakfast that was ready made. It was so nice.

Jetted tub that we both agreed we must have when we buy our first home.
Besides sickness Steve and and were able to get away overnight to a bed and breakfast in salt lake. Our anniversary always falls over finals so Steve Surprised me with a little getaway over spring break. He made the reservation not knowing he would feel so rotten but we weren't able to cancel our reservation so Mr. "I am boycotting Valentines day this year out of principle" was a trooper and we ended up having a really nice time. We stayed at the armstrong mansion which was really incredible. We slept til 9:30 and had breakfast that was ready made. It was so nice.
Jetted tub that we both agreed we must have when we buy our first home.


7 comments:
Stacey I'm so sorry you guys have been so sick!
My sister in law Becca (Andrew's wife) when they are sick they get about a 1/2 teaspoon of fresh garlic and then a big spoonful of honey over it and down that! Her kids take it happily!
I hope you guys get better soon!!
What a sweet guy to take you away sickness and all. That looks like a great place! You look so cute and preggo. :)
You are a cutie. I hope that Steve and Sammy feel better soon.
Hi Stacy,
I'm glad we figured out that we are both bloggers. Your site is very cute!
I will have to be come back and read it regularly!
Looks like you had a lot of fun. I think we need a night like that. You look so good Stace!
Hey Stacy Boo! That sucks that you are all sick!! just tell sam to swallow some spit!! hardeeharhar.. When I first saw the picks of your room, I thought you took pics of your dream home out of a mag! I was going to tell you to decorate differently, Outrageous! but it looks really pretty for a mini vaca
Stacy I have bronchitis right now too, it isnt fun! Here are a few pointers, seeing as I have had bronchitis too many times to count: Instead of propping the pillows up, you can put pillows under the mattress and that will naturally elevate the bed so he stays elevated all night. Also, there is this amazing stuff that is basically liquid menthol that you can put in a vaporizer or humidifier- it helps so much!! You can get it by the Vicks VaporRub stuff. I swear by it! The last thing is, if he has trouble breathing, you can turn on the shower on hot hot hot and close the bathroom door, after like 10 minutes so it's all steamy you can take sammy in there. It's just a big humidifier, but I had to do that last night to be able to breathe. It helps I promise! I hope he gets feeling better!!!
Post a Comment